SDCC 2019: ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Panel Recap
Comic-Con International in San Diego is full of new trailers. In Hall H on Thursday, the Terminator: Dark Fate Panel took place, and of course video came with.
On stage today for the Terminator: Dark Fate Panel was director Tim Miller, as well as cast members Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Mackenzie Davis, Diego Bonetta, Gabriel Luna and Natalie Reyes. A huge opening for Hall H on Thursday.
The original John Connor, Edward Furlong, will reprise his role in the upcoming Terminator: Dark Fate.
Terminator: Dark Fate will have a “Hard” R Rating. Director Tim Miller states, “The DNA of Terminator is an R-fucking movie.”
Some of the panel’s highlights included…
- James Cameron live streaming from the set of Avatar
- Cameron himself highlighting that he personally asked Linda Hamilton to come back
- Early footage reel shown
- Tim Miller has attended SDCC 25 times, but it’s only his 2nd time in Hall H
- Miller: “Time travel with multiple realities loses the dramatic stakes. There is only one Terminator timeline.”
- Hard R Rating. Miller: “The DNA of Terminator is an R-fucking movie.”
- The original John Connor, Edward Furlong, will reprise his role
- Hamilton joins Miller on stage
- Natalia Reyes mentions she’s “terrified to be here” and “she wasn’t even born when the first film came out.”
- Gabriel Luna shares about his time on set
- Linda Hamilton shares her favorite line: “you’re terminated, fucker”
- Hamilton also called Miller “the most honest and true director I’ve ever worked with.”
- Additional footage shown to loud cheers
- Cast and Crew claim it’s not Terminator 6, “this is the Terminator 3 you always wanted.”
Terminator: Dark Fate is due out November 1, 2019.
(Below trailer was released a month ago; not new from SDCC)