NERD Year’s Resolutions
It’s a new year and as the saying goes “New Year. New You.” Now, most of the time when we make “New Year’s Resolutions”, we decide to do something that will better ourselves (lose weight, exercise more, stop a bad habit, etc.), but by the middle of January, those resolutions end up in the Spam Folder of Life. So, for 2019, I have decided to try something different, and I encourage you to try it with me. I have decided to make “NERD Year’s Resolutions”. For 2019, I have decided to expand my horizons in the world of nerd and try new things! Such as:
- Reading different genres of comic books and graphic novels. I have been pretty particular in what I read in my (age withheld upon request) years on Earth, and it is time to expand and immerse myself in genres I normally would not read.
- Pen and Paper Role Playing. My experience with RPG has been mostly on PC, Console, even Cell Phone, but not a lot of the old school pen and paper way to play. This is mostly because where I am located, there IS a game store with groups that play Pathfinder, D&D, and Starfinder, but the groups don’t always meet on a regular basis, or their meeting times conflict with my schedule. I would LOVE to get into playing, but need a group that meets on a regular basis at a time that works for me. Even if it is not an in person situation.
- Trying more Anime. The last anime series I watched was the Castlevania series. (Don’t judge me! Suggestions welcome.)
- Podcasting/YouTube/Twitch. I would like to get involved in all three, but I have to admit sometimes I have the feeling of “What can I bring that is not already out there? How can I be original?” And at that point I get a stomach ache.
- Conventions…Conventions…Conventions!! I’d like to get out to more conventions, especially out of my home state of Indiana. We have Gen Con, and a few popular local conventions, but it is time to get out and explore and see what other conventions are out there, and what they have to offer!
These are just a few examples of my “NERD Year Resolutions”. What are yours? Let me know, and I will check back in with you throughout the year to let you know how they are holding up!
Happy New Year!